In response to the additional funding announced by the Australian Government through the Office for the Arts on 25 March, Support Act has announced a new category of crisis relief funding called “MusicKeeper” and “CrewKeeper”.

As the names suggest, these one off cash grants of $2,000 ($2,700 for families with dependent children) are intended to cushion the blow for artists, crew and music workers from all genres who have been receiving Jobkeeper and Jobseeker payments and who remain largely unable to earn income due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. 

These grants are not a replacement for Jobkeeper and Jobseeker (and you do not have to have been receiving Jobkeeper or Jobseeker to apply) but we hope they will continue to provide applicants with the ability to pay the rent/mortgage, put food on the table, keep connected by paying power or phone bills, registering or servicing the car, paying medical expenses and so on.


Apply using the Crisis Relief Application Form which can be accessed using the link below.

  • To be eligible for a Crisis Relief Grant,you must:
    be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working visa
    prove that you have been working in the Australian music industry for three years
    provide names and details of two professional referees
    have household expenses which are greater than your household income.

Yes, previous grant recipients will be invited to reapply 6 months after their last grant if funds allow (and sooner if we can).

Please note these new MusicKeeper and CrewKeeper grants replace our previous COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grants.

We need these details so we can pay your MusicKeeper or CrewKeeper grant directly into your bank account.

Grant funds must be used to pay your rent/mortgage, food, utilities, medical equipment and other personal necessities. Failure to do so could result in your grant being deemed assessable income.

Our advice is that provided the lump sum payment from Support Act is applied to Crisis Relief, it is not deemed to be assessable income. However, this advice is general in nature and is not a guarantee. If in doubt, we advise you to consult with the relevant Government entity.

  • Can I apply for a crisis relief grant from Support Act?Yes, if you are a sole trader you can apply for a crisis relief grant, however, it should be noted that Support Act grants are for personal necessities such as rent/mortgage, food, utilities, medical costs and other personal necessities only. Support Act can not provide grants for business expenses.
  • How do I disclose my income in the crisis relief application form?Support Act recognises that as a sole trader it can be difficult to differentiate your personal income from your business income. For simplicity, when completing the income section of the application form, please include the profit you earn from operating your business as your income (ie: business income minus business expenses = sole trader profit). Please note that if you pay yourself a nominal wage from your business income, this does not form part of your business expenses. You will need to add any nominal wages that you pay to yourself back into your income calculation.
  • How do I disclose my expenses in the crisis relief application form?
    Please include only your personal living expenses in the expenses section of the application form (ie: rent/mortgage, food, utilities, clothing, medical, etc.). Business related expenses should have already been deducted from your business income when completing the income section of the application form.


If you, or people in your networks, are in need of financial support, we strongly encourage you to apply for a MusicKeeper or CrewKeeper grant using the link below.


Check out our testimonial video to see how our crisis relief grants have helped others across all genres of the music industry. 


Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any comments or questions. 


Our thanks to the Australian Government for their support.