Support Act provides crisis relief to artists, artist managers, crew and music workers across all genres who are unable to work due to illness, injury, a mental health issue that is managed through a current mental health care plan or some other crisis, including the impact of COVID-19 on live music. 

We know it can be hard asking for help. We treat every request for help confidentially and make no judgement about people’s circumstances. 

Applications for COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grants have now closed. We thank the Australian Government and other sponsors and donors who have supported the delivery of $35m in grants since the beginning of the pandemic. As a result, our Crisis Relief Grants will now revert from cash grants back to paying individual bills. Unfortunately due to funding constraints, we are no longer able to support those working in the live performing arts industry.


To be eligible for a Crisis Relief Grant you must:

  • be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working visa
  • prove that you have been working professionally in the Australian music industry for three years
  • provide names and details of two professional referees
  • have household expenses which are greater than your household income

There is no deadline to apply, however we strongly encourage those experiencing hardship to submit your application as soon as possible.  Our social workers will then contact you to discuss your application.


Please note that this application form is for professional music artists, artist managers, crew and music workers only. What you will need to complete this application:

Our Crisis Relief Grant application will ask you for your contact details, your career bio and references, and an explanation of the crisis you are experiencing.

You will need to provide your current annual income (salary, benefits, royalties etc) as well as the annual income for your household (if you live with a partner or have a family). We will ask you to break this down into fortnightly payments.

You will also be asked to provide a break down of your fortnightly expenses. These include things like rent/mortgage, groceries, medical costs, utilities, clothing, car, council rates, phone/internet, credit card payments etc.

We will also ask you to list any outstanding debts or mortgage repayments.

We encourage you to review your budget prior to commencing the form as this will make it quicker to complete. Try using this spreadsheet calculator that we have developed. It will really help you!


A couple of things to keep in mind when making your application:

  • Our grants are not competitive. They are available to everyone who meets our criteria
  • You can be receiving government benefits (including JobSeeker, Austudy, Disability Support) and still meet our criteria
  • You can apply even if you are a registered small business. We won’t fund your business, but we will provide support for household expenses
  • We only contact your referees if we need to verify that you work professionally in music. We will not disclose any information about your application
  • If you applied for and received a grant over 12 months ago, you are welcome to apply again now
  • Please don’t be embarrassed to apply for crisis relief. If you need support, we are here to help



If you need more help with your application please check our Frequently Asked Questions.

If you can’t find the answer to your question on our FAQs page, or if there is any part of this application form that you do not understand or need to discuss, please do not hesitate to get in touch.


The Board and staff of Support Act would like to acknowledge the support of the Australian Government through the Office for the Arts.

*Disclaimer: Any information or resources published or given to you by or on behalf of Support Act is general information and does not constitute financial advice. Support Act does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and such information is given without reference to your particular circumstances. Support Act is not a financial adviser and you should consider seeking independent legal, financial or taxation advice to check how the information relates to your unique situation.